One of the great features of the Atkins Diet Plan is that you’re not eating the same menu repeatedly. First off, drink about 64 oz of clean water throughout a 24 hour period. You can also drink decaf coffee, herbal tea or diet soda, As a sweetener for the coffee or tea use stevia which can be purchased at health food stores and some super markets. You can also use Splenda as a sweetener. You can eat meat, eggs and cheese either as main meals or as snacks.
Here are some sample meals. You can eat more or less than these examples. They are geared for a hearty eater.
1) 3 Eggs, 4 strips of bacon and coffee or tea with cream and sweetener.
2) Double serving of Atkins hot cereal, 4 sausage patties, decaf cinnamon tea with cream and sweetener.
3) Spiced turkey and egg scramble: 3oz/85g turkey mince with 2 scrambled eggs. Season with salt, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce
1) 8oz/225g turkey burger with 1 tbsp ketchup, 2 cups lettuce (2), 1 oz/28g crumbled feta cheese and vinaigrette. (77)
2) Chicken salad: 8oz/225g chicken mixed with 1/2 cup sliced cucumber, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , dill, 2 tbsp mayo, 2 cups mixed leaves, vinaigrette.
3) Chef salad (Turkey strips, ham strips, chopped egg, and grated cheese over 2 cups salad greens) and 2 tbs of dressing
1) 8oz/225g lamb chops, grilled, 1 cup steamed cauliflower ; 1 cup mixed salad, ranch dressing ; 1/2 avocado.
2) Fish fajita: 8oz/225g pan-fried cod and 1 slice cheddar wrapped in a low-carb tortilla, 2 cups mixed salad leaves with 1/2 cup button mushrooms, chopped, and vinaigrette.
3) Fish Fry (fish fillets dipped in egg and coated in whey protein and fried in vegetable oil). 1 cup salad greens. 1/4 medium tomato. 1 thin sliced red onion. 1 cup broccoli rabe with butter.
Keep in mind, if you’re not a cook, you can have Atkins pre packaged meals delivered to your door. If you are unsure if you’re overweight is by looking at your Body Mass Index (BMI). This tells you your healthy weight range for your height. Ask your doctor what your BMI is or you can figure it out yourself by taking your weight in pounds and divide it by your height in inches squared X 703.